Friday, August 12, 2011

DIY, AZTEC-NAVAJO PRINTED TOP


I TOTALLY LOVE THIS PRINT SO I DECIDED TO DO IT BY MY OWN.
You'll need:
- paper
- scissors
- ruler
- t-shirt 
- textile paint
- a brush
- pins 


First you will make a sketch in a piece of paper with the figure(s) you want in your t-shirt, and the size you want them to be. This drawings I took them out of a cup for coffee I found in the internet.


Then you'll cut the drawings so that you use it as a stencil.


I bought this t-shirt this way, I mean I wasn't the one who cut the fringes but if you get a normal t-shit if you want you can cut them to yours.


Before painting be sure to put a cardboard or something under the part of the t-shirt you are going to paint so that the paint doesn't pass the fabric.


Place your stencil where you want your figure to be.


And then just secure it with pins so that the painting results easy.


This are the textiles painting I got. You can buy whatever colors you like.


After you paint through the whole stencil, remove the pins and then the stencil.


Repeat the step as many times as you need depending on the number of figures you want.



Keep going.... until...


YOU HAVE THIS AS A RESULT!!!
HOPE YOU LIKE IT!! REALLY PUT MY HEAD INTO THIS!!
XX, CAMILA

No comments:

Post a Comment